Monday, September 14, 2009

Photo studies at Sol Duc Falls

I am an avid photographer.
Most of my photos end up as reference for my paintings, although some simply need to be documented.
Much documenting was had during the overnight adventure to the wilderness area beyond the Olympic National Forest's Sol Duc Falls. The falls are truly glorious when the sun shines on them, gleaming white in three separate whooshes of glacier fed river that combine into a lovely salmon spawning goal.


The weekend's activity and old growth forest was perfect to capture backgrounds and body language of some of our story's characters. Dr V was very kind to oblige me in often having to halt suddenly as well as pose in a few directed settings. So much easier to translate the images in my mind to paper when there is a person holding still for me to sketch - less cartoony, usually.

We made our way along the westernmost coast line of Washington the next morning, and while the sun didn't break through during our lunch break at South Beach, WA, the fog between the waves and wind blown trees gave me some magical scenes to keep.
I'll toss in some more small pics soon as I can - sizing leads to artistic tangents!

Follow us as we wend our way into webcomics as a learning experience - Publishing and very cool merchandise to come!

Always the best Diva~Zya


No comments:

Post a Comment