Saturday, September 12, 2009

It's way too early.

I didn't get a chance to post anything yesterday because after a hideous day at work I came home and had to run errands for another 3 hours then pack for a camping trip Zya and I are going on this weekend. It's Saturday morning, and I am awake and working at 6 am. I haven't done that since I was in the Army, and no, I don't miss being up this early on the weekend.

As soon as time permits I intend to do a couple columns on some of the comics that have influenced me over the years, as well as the creative teams that I most enjoyed. Today won't be that day, and tomorrow doesn't look too promising either, to tell you the truth.

In Project-related news, I have lost another potential illustrator which is disheartening to say the least. I am going to print some fliers and post them at Olympic Cards and Comics and Danger Room if Gabby and Kendra allow it (and I think they will be open to the idea), as well as University of Washington (my Alma Mater), Evergreen (Zya's Alma Mater), and St. Martin's University (because it is right here in town).

In the future, I would expect that Zya and I won't be posting much on the weekends, and one of us will be posting something each day. It might be directly related to our project, or it might be about the comics field in general, hard to say at this point. As soon as we find an illustrator we'll add them to the masthead if they are a full-fledged collaborator, so if you know of any feel free to email us.


ADDENDUM:

I just switched over to Cracked!.com (one of my favorite humor sites) and found this article from Jonathan Kirnak. I posted it here because everything in it applies to comics, but in comics the offense level is about 500X higher, at least for me. I will be returning to this point (hopefully) in my next entry, which I wanted to post yesterday but couldn't due to time constraints. So if you read Kirnak's article, you will have a preview of one of the reasons I stopped reading comics over a decade ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment